Friday, February 15, 2013

The Chase

Oh my! I never thought my Valentine's Day would be as funny and as nerve-racking as this! I got chased by "cops".

Alright! Here's what happened today, after UKB me and Dotty had a mini-shoot inside my room, then we went to our UKB clothes supplier, and so on and so forth... The usual routine.

5pm we had our UKB shoot for our Valentine's Special. We visited our winner and brought them surprises.

And since I announced an anti Vday campaign at Cherryfic Finds, wherein food and drinks will be served and single ladies shopping will get special discounts, many people came. I apologize that I came in late. I never thought that the shoot will take so much time plus, it's traffic downtown because everyone's busy with their VDAY dates and whereabouts.

The food wasn't served until I came. I'm super doooper sorry for what happened.

And although it's an hour before closing time, Mary Flor Calañas and her sister Maggie really made the party complete! Some shoppers availed of the free pizza and drinks. We took pictures and it was fun. Flor is so sweet! She brought me presents from Palawan.

I'm so blessed by the way because I received lots of gifts from people who really went out of their way to see me. Like my friend, Jenny Francisco and boyfriend Ruel who brought drinks as promised. Later did i know that theyve waited for hours just to show support to my mini party. I'm so grateful. Flor gave me a beautiful hat and Hopia. One emissary was sent by someone and brought flowers and a card... Etc... Etc...

We were all having fun not until we went to exit the V.Plaza with no car pass. The guard at the entrance forgot to give me one and it's causing too much delay when I've already explained my side. Since we were not guilty and it's causing too much inconvenience, plus we were all hungry, I went on driving even if he's still checking on the guard at the entrance. I was a bit guilty for being impatient. But I got a little bit of hint that they're just trying to make us stay longer because all the guards where smiling and they weren't so quick to act on the matter. Like "seriously"? I'm a bit guilty for the petty crime I did though. Lol. And I'm quite certain they'll report me to the authorities or maybe chase us! I wasn't speeding though. I just went on like nothing happened.

After picking up some UKB clothes where I left thm earlier, we went back to Victoia Plaza to enjoy the sumptuous meal that the Ibañez family ordered. Speaking of 'nakikain' haha. Flor, Maggie and I were so full and thankful for the delicious meal.

When it's time to go home, I drove the car to the bus stop at Buhangin because Flor will take an hour bus trip to Tagum. After that, we were chilling driving around very relaxed. But our eyes went big when we heard a loud siren coming after us.

D: Police? Are they chasing us?

C: are they after us? Is it because Of what we did at VP? Omg!

I honestly got so scared and went speeding. And we were shouting and we were "omg! Abtik abtik! Omg... Naa Na sila... Hala! Kita gyud gisundan...". The siren went louder and louder. It's followingus and we need to get rid of them so we were trying to figure out which way to go and find refuge. I was quick to think of a way out but every time we slow down and hear the siren we get soooo freaking nervous. We didn't mind the humps and bumps etc. But at the back of my mind, I was wondering why we were escaping... I was so carried away by the screams of Dotty! Haha I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I felt the adrenaline rush. We hid on a very dark place and waited for the blue and red lights fade away and the siren, inaudible. The forward wheel fell on the sewage and we heard the bumper crashed. We tried hard to get out of the pit. And we were screaming because the "cops" are near. I was almost hopeless but good thing we were able to pushback and off we went through the dark narrow alley.

We were chasing our breaths and we tried to keep calm then. We checked for damages on my car while we were laughing because we thought we outsmarted the cops. Yes! We did it. Then we planned our exit. But we asked each other "why did we try to escape? We never did anything bad."... "wait is it really the cops?"...

And so we decided that we're not going to escape anymore because in the first place, there's nothing to be afraid of. So we went back driving on the streets and then few blocks away, we saw an ambulance. Yes! All the while we thought we were being chased by cops only to realize, false alarm, it's an ambulance.

We were laughing out loud! Haha paranoid much? It was the funniest experience ever! I was sweating cold, afraid of the cops for nothing. Haha! We were so serious and we both believed that we were being chased. I almost destroyed my bumper and etc.

Really, it made my day! ... such a memorable Vday! now I know the feeling of being chased by cops.

Few things I realized,

  1. I have no control over some circumstances an I shouldn't stress too much on minute details.
  2. I will never schedule two big events without proper time allowance.
  3. Never forget to ask for car pass.
  4. Keep calm and stay alert. Make sure it's really the police ;)
  5. Wear the right lenses / eyeglass for better view.
  6. Try to check on the difference between the police and ambulance siren.
I'm so happy and blessed to have great people beside me sharing with me moments like this. I've never imagined how fun my VDAY will be. Thanks for the wonderful experience dear God. Thanks for my family and friends.

 

Xoxo

cherry maning

 

2 comments:

Leave some LOVE c",)