The First Media Scarevenger Hunt SM Davao
Alright! Now we've come to the main event, the competition proper. It wasn't an ordinary costume party but rather an amazing race with EXTRA CHALLENGE-ing tasks.
I love games...
I love competitions...
It's all about having F-U-N :))
But running inside the mall wearing a creepy costume and stiletto?
Meet Esther- The Orphan
Our media friends
Executive Producer - Una Ka Bai
Kapamilya - Ian
Here's the checklist of where we should go.
In each store we visit, a task awaits us.
We were grouped in threes.
Automatic! Derf, Dotty and I
STRATEGIZE - the first thing we did.
Stores, Level of Difficulty, Tasks
Photo by: Rudolph Alama
- Dermapath DermClinic (Moderate) - Matching Type of Horror/Suspense Movie and Famous Lines
- Global Pinoy Center (Easy) - Currency Conversion. Peso to six currencies
- Chicco Di Caffe (Hard) - Sodoku - it's like FOREVER ... We spent so much time on this task
- SM Food Court (Easy) - Pricelist
- Rai-Rai Ken - uh oh... Traffic!
- 360 Milk Tea - uh oh.. Traffic!
- Brat Pack (Easy) - Word Search - we search for cut-outs inside the bags.
- Travel Club (Easy)- Folding shirts and packin it in a small bag.
- Bibingkinitan (Moderate) - Eating Bibingka without using the hands. We were laughing most of the time.
- Rai-Rai Ken again (Extreme) - Eating Wasabe. It was too spicy. I wanted to vomit. In order not to taste it, I swallowed the food without chewing. I'm not a fan of Japanese food huhu. Thank you Dotty.
- 360 Milk Tea (Moderate) - Marketing (Dotty and I) and Preparation of Tea (Derf)
- North Face (Easy) -25 meter dash - but we're already tired. :(
- Delsey (Easy) - Unzipping the bag using a ballpen
- Piyesta KTV - (Easy) -Karaoke - we needed to sing one full song. We sang Happy Birthday.
- Bon Chon (Hard) - 12 pieces of spicy chicken wings by one person- Dotty saved us.
Tired but DETERMINED
Before and After
No difference at all... Lol
Outcome: Well-developed Holistic Being
Physical Strength (running), Mental Alertness (being smart and intelligent),
Emotional Stability (are we gonna give up? No! Be strong!), Social Wellbeing (teamwork)
And Spirituality (Lord Help us)
It was also about camaraderie -building bridges and reaching other people in the field.
Creating deeper friendship among media practitioners.
- Fun Fun Fun-
It was a team-building activity for the three of us.
We learned to trust each other, to support one another, to cheer for the other who's struggling.
We helped one another.It's all worth it.
Congratulations UKB Team - Champion!
What a perfect way to end OCTOBER!Happy Halloween!!
Special thanks to the organizers and to SM CIty Davao.
See you again next time!
Til our next gathering :)